Saturday, July 21, 2012

Memories Found

My heart is overflowing with gratitude. In April we took a trip to CA to visit my Grandma and go to Disneyland for the first time. We were also able to go the the mountains, go to an amazing national park, and go to the beach. It really was the perfect trip until......we got home and couldn't find our camera with our 550 CA pictures. We were heartbroken and I was really depressed. Even though my kids are 10 and 8 I wanted desperately to have photo memories of my Grandma, Aunt, and Uncle. I so wanted them to remember the trip and all of our firsts. It made me physically sick to even think about it. We looked EVERYWHERE in the house and couldn't find the camera anywhere. Well, this morning Zander was looking for a flashlight on the shelves in the nook and all of a sudden hands me the camera. THE CAMERA!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and could not have been more happy! As we were talking about this Erick and I realized that we had both emptied out the exact same shelf numerous times and had failed to find it. Our happiness turned into pure gratitude and I am so thankful to have these beautiful pictures. Memories are so precious and having pictures to remember them by are priceless. Here are some of our favorite highlights.

 



Joshua Tree National Park with Palm Springs in the background.






Rocks in Joshua Tree.





My happy place!







Classic.








Fun day at Huntington Beach.







Out for a walk in Big Bear.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found the pictures. I hate it when things like that happen! Looks like your trip was fun! Made me want to go out and see Gramma and Uncle Warren! :)

    ReplyDelete